Gift vouchers are available
Buy 5 Reflexology treatments and get 6th FREE
Reflexology in Exeter, Devon and surrounding areas
Reflexology for Infertility & Pregnancy
Battling to fall pregnant?
Irregular menstrual cycle?
Painful and heavy cycle?
Anovulation (not ovulating)?
It is an exciting decision to make, to start trying to fall pregnant. For some it is quite easy to achieve, for others a bit of help may be required. The pace of our lives tends to be very fast, and strains our body and emotions. We tend to try and do too much in too little time as we try and balance work, home and relationship and financial worries. We are always on the go and don’t tend to make time for ourselves and rest. There is usually a sense of guilt attached if we think about doing something just for us when there shouldn’t be. Our bodies need to rest in order to heal and function properly.
The amount of stress we are exposed to every day also impacts our body’s balance. Stress can be anything from waking up late and getting stuck in traffic on your way to work, to feeling angry with your boss and unable to say anything. Stress causes a hormonal reaction in the body where the body releases adrenaline to help you fight or flee. As we aren’t usually able to deal with our stress in a way that would help these hormones to be used up by fighting or running away, they tend to remain in the body and upset the balance and may result in fertility being affected. When adrenalin levels are high, blood and nerve supply to the reproductive system is decreased as it isn’t an essential function of the body. Stress and tension greatly impact fertility for both men and women so it is important to find ways to manage your stress.
Reflexology is extremely calming and induces a state of deep relaxation. It is also very effective in balancing the hormones and regulating the menstrual cycle. Any underactive areas are stimulated and any overactive areas are calmed, thus creating balance and harmony. Reflexology stimulates the release of endorphins which are feel good hormones and natural pain killers, which will help if you experience heavy, painful periods. It is advisable to follow a healthy diet and lifestyle three to six months before trying to fall pregnant, and that applies to both man and woman as you are both contributing to the pregnancy through the egg and the sperm.
When you are ready to start trying to conceive, for quickest results I would recommend the woman having a reflexology treatment twice a week for the first month and then weekly until conception and the man having weekly treatments. You should give it at least 3 months as this is the amount of time it takes for sperm to mature. If you aren’t able to follow this treatment plan due to time or financial constraints then speak to your Reflexologist and work out a treatment plan that you are able to follow and that feels comfortable for you.
Benefits of Reflexology in treating symptoms of Infertility
- Regulates the menstrual cycle
- Relieves PMS symptoms
- Relieves pain by stimulating the body to release endorphins, which are natural pain killers
- May help improve endometriosis and associated pain
- May help improve polycystic ovaries
- Stimulates and balances hormones
- May help improve fertility
- Reduces stress, which helps normalise the menstrual cycle, improve the quality of the ovum and improve the likelihood of fertilisation and implantation
- Helps increase the success rate of conventional treatments like IVF
Aches and pains?
High blood pressure?
Reflexology is extremely beneficial in helping to ease the discomfort that may be experienced during pregnancy.
Benefits of having regular treatment during pregnancy include:
- Safe and effective
- Provides a sense of wellbeing and prevents problems from arising
- Increases energy and vitality
- Aids digestion
- Relieves tired, aching feet
- Reduces swelling (oedema) in feet and ankles
- Improves sleep quality
- Relieves headaches, nausea, backache, stress and anxiety, sleeplessness, fatigue and constipation
- Stabilizes blood pressure
- Releases endorphins, which are feel good hormones and natural painkillers
- Creates a sense of wellbeing for the foetus
- Certain acupressure points can help turn a breech baby in the third trimester
- Mother feels supported mentally, physically and emotionally throughout her pregnancy
- Helps induce labour naturally at full term
- Helps have an easier birth by reducing pain through the release of endorphins (natural painkillers that are stronger than morphine)
- Helps have a shorter labour
- Improves mental state thus beneficial for postpartum depression
I recommend having a monthly treatment during the first six months, if there are no complications. Some moms enjoy the relaxation they get from a treatment and prefer to have them more frequently, which is fine. Then every two weeks for the next two months and weekly in the last month. This greatly helps with delivering closer to term and having a shorter labour, as studies have proven.